What was the first commandment God gave to man? See Genesis 1:28.
What was the last commandment Jesus gave his disciples? See Mark 16:15.
Are these related?
What is the great danger of not being fruitful? See Mat 3:10, 7:19, John 15:2.
What is the Great Commission? See Matthew 28:19-20.
By whose authority are we to go forth and proclaim the gospel? See Matthew 28:18, Luke 9:1, 10:19, John 20:21.
What power does Jesus give His disciples to go forth and proclaim the gospel? See John 20:22, 15:26-27, Acts 1:8.
What is the substance of the gospel Christ’s disciples are to proclaim? See Luke 24:46-49.
What was the first word of the gospel proclaimed by John the Baptist? See Matthew 3:2. by Jesus? See Matthew 4:17. by Peter? See Acts 2:37-38. by Paul? See Acts 26:16-20.
What is the high cost of proclaiming the truth and calling sinners to repentance? See John 15:18-20, Acts 4:1-4, 7:51-54, 58-60, 13:50, 14:19,22, 16:23, 17:5, 13, 32, etc, 2 Timothy 3:12.
In light of this high cost, what must the true disciples of Christ do in order to faithfully carry out the Great Commission? See Acts 4:29, Eph 6:19-20; See also Acts 4:31, 13:46, 14:3, 19:8, 2 Corinthians 3:12, 1 Thessalonians 2:2.
Why should a Christian not be afraid to speak out boldly and proclaim the truth? See Luke 21:15, 2 Timothy 1:7-8, 4:17-18.
What should a Christian expect will be the response as he sows the seeds of the Gospel message in the world’s fields? See Matthew 13:3-9.
In the Great Commission, did Jesus command us to make disciples or converts? See Matthew 28:19.
Was the early Church composed of disciples or converts? See Acts 6:7, 11:26, 14:21-22.
What is the difference between a disciple and a convert? See John 8:31, Matthew 23:15, Galatians 4:17.
God’s original command to man was to be fruitful and multiply; what is the difference between spiritual addition and spiritual multiplication?
Spiritual Addition: Tell 10 people per week about Jesus…10 people/week x 52 weeks/year x 40 years = 20,800 converts. (Linear Growth).
Spiritual Multiplication: See 2 Timothy 2:2, Matthew 28:20. Disciple 2 people for 2 years who will then go on to disciple others in the following years:
Year 2 = 21 = 2 disciples
Year 4 = 22 = 4 disciples
Year 6 = 23 = 8 disciples
Year 40 = 220 = 1,048,576 = over 1 million disciples! (Exponential Growth).
Are there any costs involved with just “going along” with Jesus as a convert?
What costs are required to become a disciple of Christ? See Luke 14:25-33.
What time/life commitment did the people in the early church make to become disciples of Christ? See Acts 2:42.
Will you make the same commitment?
Scriptures to Memorize: “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” (Matthew 28:18-20).
Assignment: Read the book of Acts.
The Atonement of Christ's Blood: Understanding How the Blood of Christ Saves and Reconciles us to God
- What is the relationship between Jesus’ sacrifice and our redemption, forgiveness and receiving an inheritance per the terms of the covenant / will that was effected by His death?
- From what, and to what, are we saved? Is it Jesus’ death alone that saves us? What part does His resurrection have in our salvation?
- Does the justice of God demand the satisfaction of blood before He will forgive, similar to what pagans throughout history have believed?
- What was the purpose of the Old Testament sacrifices?
- Does blood alone atone for sin?
- How does Christ’s death render powerless the devil?
- To whom was Christ’s life given as a ransom? From what are we ransomed?
- Why did Jesus not only die, but suffer and die? If all that was necessary was His shed blood, why didn’t God sovereignly ordain a more merciful death for His own dear Son?
- What is the relationship between a will or testament, and a covenant? What was willed to Jesus as an inheritance from His Father, and what was willed to us through the new testament in His blood?