Wives, be subject to your own husbands, as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife, as Christ also is the head of the church, He Himself being the Savior of the body. But as the church is subject to Christ, so also the wives ought to be to their husbands in everything. Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself up for her…Husbands ought…to love their own wives as their own bodies. He who loves his own wife loves himself for no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it. (Ephesians 5:22-25,28-29).
You wives be submissive to your own husbands so that even if any of them are disobedient to the word, they may be won without a word by the behavior of their wives, as they observe your chaste and respectful behavior…You husbands likewise, live with your wives in an understanding way, as with a weaker vessel, since she is a woman; and grant her honor as a fellow heir of the grace of life, so that your prayers may not be hindered. (1 Peter 3:1-2, 7).
Now Available At Amazon!
The Atonement of Christ's Blood: Understanding How the Blood of Christ Saves and Reconciles us to God
- What is the relationship between Jesus’ sacrifice and our redemption, forgiveness and receiving an inheritance per the terms of the covenant / will that was effected by His death?
- From what, and to what, are we saved? Is it Jesus’ death alone that saves us? What part does His resurrection have in our salvation?
- Does the justice of God demand the satisfaction of blood before He will forgive, similar to what pagans throughout history have believed?
- What was the purpose of the Old Testament sacrifices?
- Does blood alone atone for sin?
- How does Christ’s death render powerless the devil?
- To whom was Christ’s life given as a ransom? From what are we ransomed?
- Why did Jesus not only die, but suffer and die? If all that was necessary was His shed blood, why didn’t God sovereignly ordain a more merciful death for His own dear Son?
- What is the relationship between a will or testament, and a covenant? What was willed to Jesus as an inheritance from His Father, and what was willed to us through the new testament in His blood?
My wife is being controlled and advised negatively towards me by her brothers and sisters they have even gone to an extent of giving false information about me to my father-in-law in order to make sure we have separated just because they want to make my wife go back to her former boyfriend, because he has money and he used to send her money from abroad till I came to know the true early this year. Kindly genuinely advise me the way forward.
Greetings brother. I am sorry to hear about your family trials. This is a difficult situation that must be resolved by much prayer for wisdom from God about how to respond and proceed. Keep in mind that you cannot change others, including your wife; you can only change yourself. Continue to love her, even if she is unlovely, and pray for God to help you to meet her needs in such a way that she will not be tempted by her former boyfriend. I will pray for you. God bless you and help you to remain faithful to what is true.
Focus on God in all things.