He who makes haste to be rich will not go unpunished…A man with an evil eye hastens after wealth, and does not know that want will come upon him. (Proverbs 28:20,22).
The borrower becomes the lender’s slave. (Proverbs 22:7).
The wicked borrows and does not pay back. (Psalm 37:21).
Better is the poor who walks in his integrity, than he who is crooked though he be rich. (Proverbs 28:6).
Those who want to get rich fall into temptation and a snare and many foolish and harmful desires which plunge men into ruin and destruction. For the love of money is a root of all sorts of evil, and some by longing for it have wandered away from the faith, and pierced themselves with many a pang. (1 Timothy 6:9-10).
Give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with the food that is my portion, lest I be full and deny Thee and say, “Who is the LORD?” or lest I be in want and steal and profane the name of my God. (Proverbs 30:8-9).
See also Proverbs 23:4-5.
The Atonement of Christ's Blood: Understanding How the Blood of Christ Saves and Reconciles us to God
- What is the relationship between Jesus’ sacrifice and our redemption, forgiveness and receiving an inheritance per the terms of the covenant / will that was effected by His death?
- From what, and to what, are we saved? Is it Jesus’ death alone that saves us? What part does His resurrection have in our salvation?
- Does the justice of God demand the satisfaction of blood before He will forgive, similar to what pagans throughout history have believed?
- What was the purpose of the Old Testament sacrifices?
- Does blood alone atone for sin?
- How does Christ’s death render powerless the devil?
- To whom was Christ’s life given as a ransom? From what are we ransomed?
- Why did Jesus not only die, but suffer and die? If all that was necessary was His shed blood, why didn’t God sovereignly ordain a more merciful death for His own dear Son?
- What is the relationship between a will or testament, and a covenant? What was willed to Jesus as an inheritance from His Father, and what was willed to us through the new testament in His blood?