It is shameful even to mention what the disobedient do in secret. (Ephesians 5:12, NIV).
Woe to those who go to great depths to hide their plans from the LORD, who do their work in darkness and think, “Who sees us? Who will know?” (Isaiah 29:15, NIV).
My eyes are on all their ways; they are not hidden from My face, nor is their iniquity concealed from My eyes. (Jeremiah 16:17).
You have set our iniquities before you, our secret sins in the light of your presence. (Psalm 90:8, NIV).
God will bring every act to judgment, everything which is hidden, whether it is good or evil. (Ecclesiastes 12:14).
Serve Him with a whole heart and a willing mind; for the LORD searches all hearts, and understands every intent of the thoughts, If you seek Him, He will let you find Him; but if you forsake Him, He will reject you forever. (1 Chronicles 28:9).
He who conceals his transgressions will not prosper, but he who confesses and forsakes them will find compassion. (Proverbs 28:13).
The Atonement of Christ's Blood: Understanding How the Blood of Christ Saves and Reconciles us to God
- What is the relationship between Jesus’ sacrifice and our redemption, forgiveness and receiving an inheritance per the terms of the covenant / will that was effected by His death?
- From what, and to what, are we saved? Is it Jesus’ death alone that saves us? What part does His resurrection have in our salvation?
- Does the justice of God demand the satisfaction of blood before He will forgive, similar to what pagans throughout history have believed?
- What was the purpose of the Old Testament sacrifices?
- Does blood alone atone for sin?
- How does Christ’s death render powerless the devil?
- To whom was Christ’s life given as a ransom? From what are we ransomed?
- Why did Jesus not only die, but suffer and die? If all that was necessary was His shed blood, why didn’t God sovereignly ordain a more merciful death for His own dear Son?
- What is the relationship between a will or testament, and a covenant? What was willed to Jesus as an inheritance from His Father, and what was willed to us through the new testament in His blood?