As in all the congregations of the saints, women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the Law says. If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church. Did the word of God originate with you? Or are you the only people it has reached? If anybody thinks he is a prophet or spiritually gifted, let him acknowledge that what I am writing to you is the Lord’s command. If he ignores this, he himself will be ignored. (1 Corinthians 14:33-38, NIV).
Let a woman quietly receive instruction with entire submissiveness. But I do not allow a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man, but to remain quiet. For it was Adam who was first created, and then Eve. And it was not Adam who was deceived, but the woman being quite deceived, fell into transgression. (1 Timothy 2:11-14).
Older women likewise are to…train the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, to be sensible, pure, workers at home, kind, being subject to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be dishonored. (Titus 2:3-5).
Now Available At Amazon!
The Atonement of Christ's Blood: Understanding How the Blood of Christ Saves and Reconciles us to God
- What is the relationship between Jesus’ sacrifice and our redemption, forgiveness and receiving an inheritance per the terms of the covenant / will that was effected by His death?
- From what, and to what, are we saved? Is it Jesus’ death alone that saves us? What part does His resurrection have in our salvation?
- Does the justice of God demand the satisfaction of blood before He will forgive, similar to what pagans throughout history have believed?
- What was the purpose of the Old Testament sacrifices?
- Does blood alone atone for sin?
- How does Christ’s death render powerless the devil?
- To whom was Christ’s life given as a ransom? From what are we ransomed?
- Why did Jesus not only die, but suffer and die? If all that was necessary was His shed blood, why didn’t God sovereignly ordain a more merciful death for His own dear Son?
- What is the relationship between a will or testament, and a covenant? What was willed to Jesus as an inheritance from His Father, and what was willed to us through the new testament in His blood?
Yes, I am a believer and a young preacher though advanced in years. In my church we have women pastors and we will be ordaining one next month. Some years back, women were not ordained; is there a verse in the bible that has been discovered of late?
There are no verses in the Bible that allow for a woman to be an elder / pastor / shepherd in a position where they would teach or be in authority over men; see 1Co 14:34-38, 1Ti 2:11-15. However, that is not to say that they cannot minister at all, as in fact they are called to minister to other women and in other ways in the church; see Tit 2:3-5 as well as Paul’s word in Rom 16:1 commending Phoebe as a servant of the church in Rome, where servant is the same word also translated as a deacon. It is especially important today for godly women to understand their important role as ministers to other women, teaching and training them in what God has ordained for the good of His people, but not the work which God in His wisdom has ordained for men.