Introduction: The Bible: Its Uniqueness, Content, and Historical Reliability.
Lesson 1. The Creation: Why are we here?
Lesson 2. The Fall of Man: From What are We Saved?
Lesson 3. Salvation: What is the Gospel, and What Must I Do To Be Saved?
Lesson 4. Receiving the Promise: The Gift of God’s Holy Spirit.
Lesson 5. The Way of the Cross: Abiding in Christ Through Holiness.
Lesson 6. The Word of God: Spiritual Food For Our Souls.
Lesson 7. Prayer: Communion With God.
Lesson 8. Covenant: What Is It, and Why Is It Important?
Lesson 9. Baptism and The Lord’s Supper: Their Significance and Meaning.
Lesson 10. False Prophets: Satan’s Instrument to Destroy You.
Lesson 11. The Return of the Lord: Are You Ready?
Lesson 12. Be Fruitful and Multiply: Evangelism and Discipleship.
All Scripture based upon the New American Standard Version of the Bible, unless noted otherwise.
Note: This study can also be viewed in a print format below and downloaded for free as a pdf file:
Why Should You Consider This Study?
Throughout history a vast number of books have been written in answer to the most basic questions of our existence:
Who am I?
Why am I here?
How did I get here?
Where am I going when I die?
- Long before the invention of the printing press it became the central document for all of western civilization.
- Because of the comfort and direction it provides for those in distress it can be found in almost every hospital, hotel, and home in America.
- Year after year it continues to be the number one runaway bestseller of all time.
- It is the most read, the most translated, the most circulated, the most quoted, the most loved, the most hated, the most lived-for, the most died-for, the most life-changing—truly the most unique book ever written.
Most have come and gone. A few remain. But one in particular stands out as especially significant:
It is so significant that even if you have never read it and without mentioning its name (which means The Book) you already know it is …
And yet in spite of the Bible’s profound and widespread influence, most people today actually know very little about it. You have no doubt read or heard bits and pieces, but
- Have you ever wondered how those pieces fit together?
- Have you ever wanted to learn more about its message of hope, but because of its voluminous size didn’t know where to begin?
- Or was your interest perhaps even put off about it sometime in the past because of inconsistencies you noticed between its message and many of those who claim to follow it?
Then this study is for you!
In the introduction to this 12 part study you will receive answers to such questions as:
- Where did the Bible come from?
- Who wrote it, and when was it written?
- Is the Bible historically reliable?
- Has the message of the Bible been corrupted down through the ages so we cannot trust its message?
- What are the Dead Sea Scrolls and why are they important?
- What is the organizational structure of the Bible?
- What is the difference between the many Bible versions?
- What is the Apocrypha?
In the remaining studies we will examine literally hundreds of passages that will take us throughout the entire Scripture to answer such questions as:
- Why did God create man? Does the Bible teach a literal 6 day creation, and is it reasonable in light of recent scientific discovery to believe in a literal creation? Does it even matter? What role did Christ have in the creation?
- Why is there so much evil in the world today? Is this normal? Is man basically good, or basically evil? What is the nature of temptation? What is sin, and what are its consequences, both personally and for a community or nation?
- What is the significance of the blood sacrifices mentioned in the Bible? Of the virgin birth of Christ? What is meant by the gospel, grace, repentance and Christian salvation? Salvation from what? Do all roads lead to Jerusalem, or is the Christian faith exclusive of all other religions?
- Who or what is the Holy Spirit? What is the significance of Pentecost? How is it related to the giving of the Law of Moses on Mount Sinai? What is the gift of the Spirit, and what are the gifts of the Spirit? What about speaking in tongues?
- Why is the cross such an important Christian symbol, and what does it symbolize? What is holiness? Is it God’s will for us to suffer? How is God’s greatest power made manifest through our weakness?
- Why is Jesus Christ called the Word? Why is it important to understand the Bible ourselves and not just take someone else’s word for it? Why is Jesus called the Bread of Life, and in what sense is the word of God food for our souls?
- Why does God seem to answer the prayers of some and not others? Does God always hear our prayers? What conditions must be met
for our prayers to be answered? How and for what shall we pray? What is the one prayer God will always hear? Are there some for whom God would not have us pray?
- What is a covenant, and why is it important? What is involved in a covenant, and what examples of covenants do we have today that help us understand God’s covenants? What are the old and new covenants? What is the sign of a covenant? What are the blessings for covenant obedience, and the curses for covenant disobedience? Do they still come on people today?
- What is the significance and meaning of Christian Baptism and the Lord’s Supper? How are they related to covenant? Does the mode of Baptism matter? What did Jesus mean when He said, “This is my body…”?
- Who are the prophets? What is the nature and message of a false prophet? What warnings does the Bible give us about false prophets and why? Are there still false prophets around today?
- What is the second coming of Christ? What does the Bible teach will happen when Christ returns? What signs did Christ give that would happen prior to his coming, and are they happening now? What hope does Christ’s return offer, and why is it important to be prepared? Who or what is the antichrist? What did Jesus mean when He said His coming would be like a thief in the night? Might some who are longing for His return be surprised?
- What is the Great Commission, and why is it important? What is a disciple, and what is the cost of being one? How do we make disciples? What is the difference between a disciple and a convert? What is the difference between spiritual addition and multiplication?
Don’t miss this exciting opportunity to nurture your soul!
“For what will a man be profited,
if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul?”