Hebrews—A Book of Warnings, The Book of Better Things (Introduction)
Hebrews 1 (A Better Revelation, Christ Better Than the Angels)
Hebrews 2:1-4 (First Warning)
Hebrews 2:5-18 (The Humanity of Christ)
Hebrews 3 (Christ Better Than Moses; Second Warning)
Hebrews 4:1-13 (Second Warning Continued)
Hebrews 4:1-13 (Our Sabbath Rest In The Lord: Part 1)
Hebrews 4:1-13 (Our Sabbath Rest In The Lord: Part 2)
Hebrews 4:14-5:10 (Jesus Our High Priest In Time of Need)
Hebrews 5:11-14 (Dull of Hearing)
Hebrews 6:1-3 (Elementary Teaching About the Christ)
Hebrews 6:4-8 (Third Warning Against Falling Away)
Hebrews 6:9-20 (The Assurance of Things Hoped For)
Hebrews 7 (A Better Priesthood)
Hebrews 8 (A Better Covenant With Better Promises)
Hebrews 9 (A Better Sanctuary; A Better Sacrifice)
Hebrews 10:1-25 (A Better Sacrifice; Summary)
Hebrews 10:26-39 (Fourth Warning)
Hebrews 11:1-7 (Antediluvians Who Had Faith To the Preserving of the Soul)
Hebrews 11:8-19 (Abraham Who Had Faith To the Preserving of the Soul)
Hebrews 11:20-31 (The Patriarchs Who Had Faith To the Preserving of the Soul)
Hebrews 11:32-12:3 (Others Who Had Faith To the Preserving of the Soul)
Hebrews 12:4-11 (Those Whom The Lord Loves He Disciplines)
Hebrews 12:12-17 (Final Warning)
Hebrews 12:18-29 (Two Mountains)
Hebrews 13:1-9 (Concluding Exhortations)
Hebrews 13:10-25 (Concluding Exhortations)
The Atonement of Christ's Blood: Understanding How the Blood of Christ Saves and Reconciles us to God
- What is the relationship between Jesus’ sacrifice and our redemption, forgiveness and receiving an inheritance per the terms of the covenant / will that was effected by His death?
- From what, and to what, are we saved? Is it Jesus’ death alone that saves us? What part does His resurrection have in our salvation?
- Does the justice of God demand the satisfaction of blood before He will forgive, similar to what pagans throughout history have believed?
- What was the purpose of the Old Testament sacrifices?
- Does blood alone atone for sin?
- How does Christ’s death render powerless the devil?
- To whom was Christ’s life given as a ransom? From what are we ransomed?
- Why did Jesus not only die, but suffer and die? If all that was necessary was His shed blood, why didn’t God sovereignly ordain a more merciful death for His own dear Son?
- What is the relationship between a will or testament, and a covenant? What was willed to Jesus as an inheritance from His Father, and what was willed to us through the new testament in His blood?